Children’s Ministry Director (Part-time)
University Baptist Church
February 20, 2019
Purpose for this Position:
The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for planning and leadership of ministry to all students (grades Pre K-6) and their families.
1. Develop and lead an effective ministry of outreach and discipleship with students (grades Pre K-6) and their families in conjunction with the overall church ministry.
2. Work with the Pastor and necessary ministry teams, volunteers, and interns to coordinate the children’s ministry programs.
3. Plan and coordinate a holistic ministry for children and families including camps, retreats, Vacation Bible School, Sunday Small Group activities, and outreach activities.
4. Work strategically with current children and families in the church and work to reach others outside the church.
5. Identify and develop adult volunteers for the children’s ministry.
6. Prepare and administer the children’s ministry budget in cooperation with the Children’s Ministry Team.
7. At the pastor’s direction, participate in staff meeting at least monthly and other staff-related training.
8. Work with the pastor to direct the activities of any children or family ministry interns.
9. Communicate regularly with the Children’s Ministry Team and volunteers.
10. Serve as an ex officio member of the Church Council and Children’s Ministry Team.
The Children’s Ministry Director must demonstrate a working biblical knowledge and an understanding of child development and spiritual formation necessary to develop and administer an effective children’s ministry program. The Children’s Ministry Director must also possess a genuine love for children and families. As a member of the ministry team and as a role model for children and families, the minister is expected to also be an active member and supporter of the church.
1. The Children’s Ministry Director reports directly to the Pastor and the Personnel Committee and is expected to work closely with the Pastor in planning and carrying out ongoing ministry programs.
2. The Children’s Ministry Director works alongside the Children’s Ministry Team, providing support, input and encouragement with the goal of increasing the success of UBC’s Children’s Ministry.
3. The Children’s Ministry Director works directly with the many volunteers vital to carrying out the ongoing programs involved in the children’s ministry. The director must communicate regularly with these volunteers, keeping them informed, and providing them support and training necessary to develop and maintain a growing ministry.