The Finance Committee:
1. Submits a church budget to the church after receiving appropriate input from staff, committees, and ministry/program leaders.
2. Promotes stewardship in the church through various stewardship education materials, stewardship emphasis, and offering collection techniques.
3. Reviews the monthly financial report.
4. Makes necessary financial recommendations to the church or various committees.
5. Review and sign checks as necessary.
The Finance Committee works with the Treasurer and staff to insure that the church is a good steward of the tithes and offerings that are given toward the ongoing work of the church. The Finance Committee will take the lead in preparing the annual budget in cooperation with staff, Administrative Committees, and Ministry teams, and in presenting the budget to the church each fiscal year.*
* per 7/12/2017 business meeting